Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Songs & Stories




I finished my novel last night and did a little editing today.
A few days ago I made this playlist of songs that came to
mind or I came across that took me through the story. I
really love these songs and was amazed how well they fit
to the book. I don't know if more than a handful of people
will read it, but you can at least listen to the music! The
only one I couldn't find was Nat King Cole's Embraceable
You
...
On finishing the novel: I feel a little sad. I didn't expect
to feel like I was leaving these characters to go live their
lives, now. Strange, I know. Also, life goes on as normal
here at home, so what is kind of a big deal to me is set
aside for laundry, sick kids, parent/teacher conferences,
and grocery shopping. I guess I will just have to wait for
my "editor" friends, mom, and sis to give me kudos, or
at least a pat on the back, or kick in the pants, or a
confused, glazed-over look. Ha ha.
So, enjoy the music...

1 comment:

Gramma Spice said...

I am enjoying your novel so much! I can't wait to have the day off tomorrow to read more...as Dad said last night, "that Kris is pretty amazing!" You were always so talented..in so many ways...it looks like you have found your art form...love your paintings and drawings, but you seem to love the written word even more.