Friday, March 27, 2009

The Lake


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
I finished the third novel in the Finding Home Trilogy.  At least I think that is what I'm calling it.  The third book is called The Lake.  It's quite a bit longer than the first two, but I love it.  I've never really blogged about what the stories are, so let me tell you a little bit.
They center around three different women in different stages of life, and the impact their choices and influences make on those around them.  The first one is based on Jane Austen's novel, Persuasion.  The second tackles questions I have about myself... what if...?, and a character from the first book I just couldn't leave alone.  The ideas for the third book began coming to me about 2/3'ds of the way into the second book, and I had Sleeping Beauty, and my oldest daughter, in mind when I wrote it.  I know, wierd, huh?  But, there it is.  All three novels are inspired by the beauty of the area we live in... the Northern Rockies.
Here is some music for you.  I listened to a lot of this as I was finishing up, and then found the songs for the player when I was done a few days ago.  Just press pause on the player on the right if you want to listen to this one.
And to my family... you can all rest easy.  The laundry is folded, and dinner is in the oven.  And I'm so happy inside knowing I can feel a little bit more like who I really am, so I can teach you to find out who you really are.
P.S.  Still waiting to hear from publishers on The Orchard.  Carla says she thinks its a good sign and that they are at least looking at it maybe a little more closely.  I feel the need to knock on wood.  Done.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

good luck to you!

Gramma Spice said...

Kris, I started reading the second novel at about 3 or 4 yesterday and finished it at 2:00 am this morning. I couldn't stop! As your mom, I may be prejudiced, but the girl can write! If you relate to Elizabeth, we need to have a chat! I love you sweetheart and all that you were, are, and will be...the real you.

Krista said...

Maybe I should clarify what I meant by saying I tackled questions about myself for the second book, haha, Mom. Often I have asked myself who I would be like without the gospel of Jesus Christ, and how I would respond to an introduction to His teachings. I explored those responses in The Inn, but I still think Elizabeth and I are very different... I didn't base her on myself, or any personal experiences. However, Ryan is loosely based on my husband, Brandon. Without the football, haha. Is that better? I am so glad you liked it!