Monday, April 20, 2009

Patiently Waiting For Spring

Yesterday was a good day!  Church was great... I love our people and their smiles and sense of humor.  The spirit is one of brotherhood.  
Later, I looked out my bedroom window to see the three younger kids jumping on the trampoline.  Then, they all sat down with their legs crossed, and just started talking, giggling.  They did that for quite a while.  My oldest came into my room and looked out, too.  "Awww," she said.
Of course, when the boys decided to come in, the youngest threw a fit.  So I did a Mommy Window Show, making faces and pretending someone was grabbing me.  I wonder what the neighbors thought, seeing my little girl laughing and rolling by herself on the trampoline.
I love it when the weather allows us to be outside... comfortably.  The lawn is beginning to green up!  I found four inches of tulip leaves in the backyard!  Baseball practice has begun.   I heard birds this morning.  It was 5 a.m. and I didn't want to be awake yet, but the birdsong was lovely.  Blue skies and 60 this morning.
It's coming!  It's coming!

4 comments:

Malerie said...

Thanks for reminding me how wonderful the feeling of spring is. I miss the seasons!

Toni C. said...

Isn't it so difficult to patiently wait for spring when our Kennewick loved ones tell us about everything blooming early there!

Shelli said...

Yay! Yay! Hooray for spring, especially in Cody! :)

Gramma Spice said...

I was just telling Shelli yesterday how I missed Toni and Karen. Fun to see here here. We ARE lucky here in Kennewick. I can smell lilacs through my window today! So happy you are seeing the miracle of spring now, too. Love U!