Friday, January 22, 2010

People Can Be So Cold

I sang to the radio with James Taylor. "Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall... All you have to do is call. And I'll be there, yeahhhh... You've got a friend."
From the backseat I hear the 7 year old. "Mom, I don't really like this song."
"What?? How can you not like this song?"
"I said I didn't really like it, not that I don't like it."
"But... You just call out my name, and you know wherever I am... I'll come running, oh yes I will, to see you again... This was one of my favorite songs when I was your age."
I continue to sing.
She pipes up again. "Is this an old-fashioned song?"
Hm. "I guess it's a little old-fashioned." I hum some more.
She isn't done. "Because if it was your favorite song when you were my age... it is really old-fashioned."


Ain't it good to know...

2 comments:

Arlee Bird said...

I used to get that from my daughers sometimes when they were young, but now that they are adults they usually listen to that old fashioned stuff -- thank goodness.
Lee

Malerie said...

Haha, I love it. What a cute, smart girl :)