Friday, August 08, 2008

Take A Hike


I have had a lot of visitors lately, probably not meaning to stumble here, but nevertheless showing up on my visitors map (below, right). I was looking at my blog through fresh eyes and the thought came to me, "Hmmm...the neighbors have invited us over for vacation slideshows again."
But I can't help it! I have family far, far away, and not so far, far away, that need to see these pictures! So, I will continue to post slideshows, and cringe for the random visitor looking for good restaurants in Cody (Wyoming Rib & Chop) and hope they know to find the topic locater (below right) and click on "Wyoming" for lots of information about visiting or living here.
In the meantime, enjoy this slideshow of a hike friends and I took in Yellowstone. The trailhead was 10 minutes east of Old Faithful, and I would rate it an "easy" trail to beautiful Shoshone Lake, about 7 miles, round trip. I love living so close to opportunities like this! On the way home we passed the fires up the Northfork, but I didn't get pictures, so click on that if you are interested. Depending on how the wind is blowing, Cody is a bit smoky. We had a nice rain tonight, though, really hard, so maybe that helped. It just comes with living next to National Forests. Thank you, Slights and Shanes, for inviting me along! What beauty we have been given to relieve our troubled minds.

2 comments:

Shelli said...

Looks like a beautiful area. Haven't been hiking yet this summer, but those pictures make me want to! We have enjoyed Braeden and will be sad to see him go, but I'm sure you are anxious for him! :)
Oh, and I love the flowers in your header - beautiful!

Melissa said...

My dot from Hawaii will now be replaced with a dot in Alaska. I love to read your blog, but I don't always comment. We are waiting for the closing on our house, so we can finally be out of this hotel! Thanks for keeping us up to date!

Melissa and family